This statement describes the shortcomings of the site, and explains how to submit comments on service accessibility.
The supo.fi website is subject to the Act on the Provision of Digital Services. This law requires public online services to be accessible, which means that everyone must have equal access to them.
This statement describes the shortcomings in the accessibility of this website, and provides information on how to submit feedback on the accessibility of the service.
Accessibility of the service
The supo.fi website service largely meets the level A and AA requirements of the accessibility criteria (WCAG 2.1) and has no critical shortcomings in its accessibility. We continuously monitor the accessibility of the service using support programmes, among other tools.
If the material you need is not accessible, please send us an email at [email protected].
We will deliver the material you need in an accessible format.
This comprehensively revised supo.fi website was published on 27 October 2020. Accessibility will be taken into account in the development of all new features.
Website content and functionalities that are not yet accessible
We have made our own evaluation of the accessibility of the website. The website does not yet fully satisfy the following accessibility requirements:
Code-level errors in page headings
The pages’ HTML may contain extra heading levels with no text. These levels appear as empty headings for screen readers. On the Columns page, column titles have been used only for their visual effect (a larger font), and this is why accessibility criterion 1.3.1 is not fulfilled. (WCAG 1.3.1)
Accessibility issues in PDF documents
The site includes some inaccessible pdf files.
- The documents may lack language specifications, headings, and names of the page, and contain unidentified page regions. (WCAG 2.4.1)
- The documents may have visual elements and diagrams that are missing text alternatives. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- The documents may have layout issues that hamper screen reader use, such as unnecessary line breaks and headings with no heading levels. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Table structures in some PDF documents have issues that may hamper screen reader use, for example, table structures are used for text layout, there are no programmatically determined column headings, and similar data has been divided into several tables. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- There may be shortcomings in file metadata, such as missing titles or incorrect language specifications and author information.
Code-level errors in the naming of links
Some pages on the site may have visually hidden button links. The button links have also not been named. There are also button links which direct the user to nearby links. (WCAG 2.4.4)
Contrast issues in the content
The contrast ratio between text and background colour is not always sufficient. The contrast issues apply to some buttons. (WCAG 1.4.3)
Have you noticed any accessibility concerns?
We constantly strive to improve the accessibility of our online service. If you find any accessibility issues that are not described in this statement, please let us know. We are also happy to receive other comments and suggestions for improvements to the accessibility of the website.
You can contact us by using the feedback form on this website. Include the web address of the page with the accessibility issues in your message and describe the issues as accurately as possible.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland oversees the fulfilment of accessibility requirements. You may notify the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland if you are not satisfied with Supo’s response. The procedure for filing and processing notifications is explained in detail on the website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland.
This statement was prepared on 20 July 2021.